Okay…so this recipe may not go with my blog theme of health and fitness…but I am all about a well-rounded lifestyle and treating yourself! Plus I had multiple requests for the recipe after posting a couple photos on social media. You’re welcome 😉
Buffalo Chicken Balls
Yield: 20 balls (can double the recipe for bigger parties)
– 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I used 1/2 store-bought rotisserie chicken with skin taken off)
– 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
– 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 2 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
– Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing
– Preheat oven to 350˚F.
– Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce. Then mix in cheddar cheese and green onions.
– Spoon mixture into 1 inch balls and place on separate plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
– Set out an “assembly line” of three bowls: flour, beaten eggs and crushed cornflakes.
– Roll each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with a roll in the Corn Flakes.
– Note: This will be MESSY!
– Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
– Serve warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
If freezing place the dipped and uncooked chicken balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready. When ready to bake, place the frozen chicken balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350˚F for 25 to 30 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.