Some of you may have noticed I’ve been a lil obsessed with pad Thai lately. When my friend Liz mentioned she makes a mean homemade one and that it’s super easy – I obviously had to invite myself over for a girls night to learn how!
Servings: 2-4 (depends how hungry you get!)
- 1/2 box Thai noodles (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (I used Huy Fong and a lil more than 2 tbsp as I like it SPICY!)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (chopped)
1. Follow directions to cook Thai noodles and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble, roughly 2 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, canola oil, lime juice, and brown sugar.
4. In a large skillet, combine and toss your cooked Thai noodles, scrambled eggs, Thai dressing, bean sprouts, 3 green onions, 3/4 cup cilantro, and 1/4 cup peanuts.
5. Serve hot with the following toppings: 1 green onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/4 cup peanuts (option to add lime wedges).
Feel free to add your choice of protein too! Chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu – get creative!
Most importantly – enjoy!!