To combine blogging with my passion for athletic events has been a huge lifesaver for me. I truly love motivating other people to reach potentials they never thought possible.
|Perks of being an Ambassador!|
Just finished the Esprit de She duathlon in Lakeville this past Sunday and it was an awesome event! I would recommend this race to any woman (sorry…no dudes)–no matter if you’re a first timer or a veteran looking to increase your speed.
All it takes is a lil prep work! Definitely be sure to train going from biking to running–it is not easy! Just get those legs ready and you’ll be juuust fine
|New FAV Tank!|
The race consisted of a 2.25 mile run, 12 mile bike, and another 2.25 mile run. We were told the runs would be 2 miles so the extra .5 was unexpected!
|All Set Up!|
The first run was a lot harder than expected as a majority was up a loooong hill. Was a bit awkward that they had the water station in the middle of the hill as I know I didn’t want to lose momentum and seemed most people around me just skipped it too.
I do wish the finish line has a longer cheering section. You seemed to turn the corner and BAM you’re done. It’s ALWAYS helpful and fun to see and hear mass amounts of spectators cheering at the end.
Overall pretty happy with my times considering the conditions. 4 out of 278 in my division–I’ll take it!!
|Double Fisting…Why Not?!|
– Cute and comfortable Moxie Cycling tank
– Signed up early for extra comfy tank
– Post-race mimosas at bubbly bar
– Food: fresh fruit, granola bars, sweet potato chips
– Cheering posters for friends/fam
– Temp tattoos to get in the spirit
– Fun and spirited environment
– Pool party at the end!
– 1 year subscription to Self Magazine
Could be improved:
– More room in between bikes in the transition area
– More bathrooms
– More music/pre-race pump-up!
– Better positioning of water stops (mainly the first one)
– Mile markers
– Longer cheering section at the finish line
– More champagne (we drank um dry!)
– Edina 5k (50th and France): Thurs, July 17 @ 6:30pm
– Maple Grove 5k or 10k: Thurs, Sept 18 @ 6:30pm
If you need some motivation…that’s what I’m here for