Ooo boy! I am absolutely in-love. Took me a little time to warm up to it but now that I’ve tried a few recipes I am a believer for life! PLEASE do yourself a favor and just purchase an Instant Pot already! When you do you will be able to make this easy recipe – Spicy Thai Chicken Bowls!
Instant Pot LUX60 V3 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt | Stainless Steel
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup Huy Fong Foods Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste — 18 oz
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 lime, just the juice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups broth (I used Better Than Bouillion; Vegetable Base (8 oz))
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Select “Saute” on your Instant Pot and add the EVOO.
- When the pot is hot add the chicken breasts and sear them on each side for 2-3 minutes so they have a nice brown coating.
- Move the chicken to a glass baking dish.
- Turn the Instant Pot off for now.
- In a bowl mix the chili paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and lime juice together.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken.
- Add the rice to your Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken with sauce on top of the rice.
- Pour the broth over everything and and secure the lid.
- Select “Manual” and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and mix.
- Garnish with cilantro, cucumber, green onions, bean sprouts, and peanuts.
If you haven’t bought an Instant Pot yet – what are you waiting for?!